We are one of many affiliates of the National Funeral Consumers Alliance.
We serve Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Gloucester, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, Salem, Somerset, Warren, Hunterdon, and parts of Morris and Union counties.
To promote informed advance planning for funeral and memorial arrangements
- We are a 501 (c)(3) education and advocacy organization run by an all volunteer board.
- We are not affiliated with the funeral industry or any religious groups.
- We educate the public on their rights and options when planning for and/or purchasing funeral goods and services.
- We encourage people to plan arrangements that are in keeping with their personal wishes and budget, and then share that information with their survivors.
- We provide written information on a wide variety of end-of-life related issues including: advance directives and health care proxies, how to put your financial house in order, hospice, burial, green burial, cremation, body, tissue and organ donation, embalming, viewing, funeral and memorial services, prices, how to choose a funeral home, and more…
- We provide speakers for organizations and groups, and hold our own informative annual conference, open to the public.
- We are available for personal phone consultations to answer your questions and help you make plans.
- We have relationships with a number of area funeral homes who offer members significant discounts on their funeral arrangements.
- We encourage pre-planning, but not pre-paying (except under certain circumstances).
- We serve people of all ages and encourage generations to talk to one another about mortality and planning for death.
- We are a member of the Funeral Consumers Alliance, a national federation of funeral consumer information societies. Visit them at www.funerals.org
List of past and upcoming conferences.
Board of Directors
Naomi McCarty, RN
Henry J. Powsner, MD
Allen Porter, Esq.
Donald C. Sheasley
David R. Barile, MD
Laurie Powsner, MSW